Monday, February 7

SUPER BOWL RECAP

I’m thrilled with the result of the Super Bowl. It put me plus .500 for the playoffs.

Super Bowl check list:

- Pick the winner. (Check)
- Pick the MVP. (Check)
- Predict the correct score to within one point. (Check)

I predicted 31-24. Had the Steelers kicked the extra point instead of going for two I would have nailed it.

Additionally, this is the quote I made on 1/6/11 before the Packer’s Wild Card game against the Eagles.

It’s the Packer’s time. No running back? No tight end? No problem. After the 2011 playoffs I look for Rodgers to be mentioned along side Brady, Brees and Manning as the best.

What I didn’t like about the Super Bowl:

- The commercials (almost all of them) STUNK. Very few laugh out loud moments in my living room. Oh, except when Cameron Diaz was feeding A-Rod popcorn from her hand. Probably my favorite shot from the whole game. (I’m guessing that Fox had one camera assigned to them or just that luxury box for the whole game. The poor sap of a cameraman (or woman) had to look at those dolts all game. I can see his eyes light up when he noticed Diaz stuffing popcorn into A-Rod’s mouth for the first time. . . . . then a second. . . . . he gets on his head set, “Someone give me a live shot ASAP. I have Diaz feeding A-Rod popcorn out of her hand. I need a live shot now!!!”

- Aguilera botching the national anthem. There were huge expectations of her rendition. Not only did she mince words but her take on the (what usually gives me chill bumps) song was forgettable. FORGETTABLE!

- Umm, Rodgers should have thrown for over 400 yards if there were no dropped passes.

- Injuries. Was it the two week hiatus?

- Fergie just yelling into the mic instead of singing on a few of those songs.

- There were times in that game when the Packers were winning but their body language totally said they were losing or they were going to lose. I didn’t like that. But hey, they got it done. (Loved the shot of Kevin Greene getting into Clay Mathews ear before they took the field, “Now is the time!” That was right before Matthews caused that fumble. Loved it.


Here’s what I would like to do next football season. I want to do weekly picks for $$MONEY$$. I’m talking about laying down $20, $40 or $50. . . whatever the amount, and chart picks from week to week. No spreads. Just straight winners. I would post everyone’s picks on this blog by game time on Sunday. I’d keep a running count from week to week. Most wins at the end of the season would equal a pay day. I think this would be fun and would keep interest alive in all NFL games. I will get more out on this as the NFL season approaches.

That reminds me, THERE’S NOT AN NFL GAME FOR ANOTHER 7 MONTHS!!!!! And that’s assuming a lockout doesn’t happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment